neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,

Wednesday so far

I turned off the computer around 12:30 a.m.  I had been reading fic and halfway listening to the TV.  I kept watching TV for a while.  I went to bed at 1:00 a.m.  I don't think it took me long to get to sleep.  I got up at 3:30 a.m., but went back to bed.  I kept halfway waking in the morning, but not enough to get out of bed.  I finally got up at 9:00 a.m.

Dad told me that Trump had won the presidential election.  It feels like when Reagan had won, only I wasn't old enough to vote then.  J. texted me about it at 2:45 a.m., but I think I slept through that.  J-PA. texted me at 11:30 a.m.  I need to text her back, but I know she's at work.

Dad said that there was a decompression session at church.  I don't usually go to church, but I went and expressed my feelings.  I had a lot of feelings.  Most of the ladies were surprisingly sympathetic.  I had thought that the church was filled with conservative Republicans, but maybe not so much as I thought.  Mom went, too.  She didn't say as much.  I even took Eucharist, as I am still technically Episcopalian.  We had a group hug after that.  Mom took me to officially meet Father K. after the Eucharist.  We spoke a bit more.  He had been conservative in his youth, but apparently had become less so as he got older, which is unusual.

I may go with Dad to see his psychologist, Dr. H.  I feel emotionally exhausted, though.

Slightly later: Dad was at his GP's office because of a pain in his leg, which he thought was phlebitis.  He called to say they were going to do an ultrasound of his leg, to see if it was in a deep vein and make sure he didn't throw a clot.  I suppose we'll hear from Dad again afterwards.

Later: Dad didn't have a blood clot in his leg, but he did have an upper respiratory infection.  He's probably shared it with the family again.  Yesterday when we went to the podiatrist he was sneezing and coughing all over in the car.  Dad never did make it to the psychologist.

I went to the beauty parlor and got a deep conditioning treatment.  The hairdresser left me with the conditioner on while she gave someone else a haircut.  After that, I said, "It must have been ten minutes."  She came back to me.  I got my eyebrows done, too.  I wanted to treat myself a little.

When I got home, Mom smelled the tea tree products the hairdresser had used and made me wash my hair again.  I can only use a couple of kinds of soap and only a few shampoos and lotions because Mom is so very sensitive to smell now.  Usually the sharpness of a sense decreases with age, like Mom's hearing is certainly not what it was.  But her sense of smell seems to have become supersensitive, which is the opposite of how it should work.  I lost some of my sense of smell when I had my deviated septum fixed.  I don't know how someone can become hypersensitive to smell when they're in their sixties, and continuing this into their seventies.

Later: I texted some with J.-PA and some with WhiteSheepCBD.  I talked with A. for about twenty minutes, but my attention was caught by the protests against Trump in several major cities, and I told A. that I was going to watch Anderson Cooper covering that.
Tags: family, friends, medical, ranting

  • Wednesday so far

    I went to bed at 1:00 a.m. and woke at 10:20 a.m. I read The Mechanical Chrysanthemums. A few hours later: Mom and I went to get spring water. We…

  • Monday so far

    I conked out around 1:00 a.m. and got up a little before 10:00 a.m. The Big Gay Fiction Giveaway is back.…

  • Sunday

    I conked out at 10:00 p.m. and woke at 10:00 a.m. I reread some more of the Whybourne and Griffin books. I texted with J., WhiteSheepCBD and A.…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded