neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,

Thursday so far

I turned the computer off at midnight, after reading some good fic about the Avengers.  I also started reading an original work set right after World War I, or the Great War, as it was known then.  That was titled "1919."  I went to bed at 1:15 a.m.  I don't think it took me long to get to sleep.  I got up at 10:15 a.m., too late to go to Swarthmore with the garden club and hear the lecture about winter interest in the garden.

I have other things to do, though.  I want to go to the dollar store and a couple of grocery stores.

A few hours later: It turned out that I had a flat tire, so I wouldn't have gotten anywhere fast anyway.  Mom and I went out and about in her car, including to the grocery store.  We'll go out again this afternoon to drop the tire off at Firestone, and then go to a small grocery store and make a couple of other stops.  I'm hoping to go to the dollar store.

Later: We got my tire fixed, and stopped at the little grocery store.  Once we got home, Dad put the tire back on my car, and I was out and about again.  I went to the dollar store and got several things.  I went to AAA and renewed our membership.  If it hadn't been for Dad, my car would have been sitting there indefinitely.  I went to the Y and registered for the November/December session of Friday Night Friends.  I went to the movie theater and got a ticket for the first Sunday matinee of "Dr. Strange."  I made a big circle around the area.  It was a productive trip.

I read more of "1919" while waiting on lines.

I called YMCA-P. and A.J., and told them that I'd signed up for Friday Night Friends.  I called S.M.  She said that not many people from the garden club had made it to the program at Swarthmore.  If I had woken up early and felt really good, I would have gone.  I was glad I got a lot accomplished locally today.

I chatted a little with Riah.  She's been having a rough time.  I'll send her a care package next time I can get myself organized enough to do that.  I texted a little with WhiteSheepCBD.  I called S.M. and we caught up a little.  We're still on for Saturday afternoon, if I can find her new place.  I remembered that I was supposed to get pants shortened on Sunday and called D. to say that I'd be there after the movie finished.  I called K. and we talked for a while.  We made tentative plans for me to come down to Baltimore on Wednesday and stay through Thursday.
Tags: family, friends, movies, reading, shopping

  • Thursday

    I went to bed later than I should have, but I got some sleep.

  • Wednesday

    I should go to sleep fairly soon. Later: I got some sleep. I spent part of the day outside with my plants, weeding and putting fresh labels around…

  • Tuesday

    I started a new part-time job this morning. It went okay.

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded