neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,

Thursday so far

I went to bed around 12:15 a.m. and got up with my alarm at 10:00 a.m.  I guess I needed the sleep.

I went out and about, including to the library.  I met Mom there.  I got more books about Deaf history and culture, and some sign language books.  We went to the grocery store after that.  It was a productive trip all around.

While we were having lunch at home, Mom spotted a large bird sitting on a dead tree limb.  It was a hawk.  It had striated brown color on its white front, so it may have been a juvenile.  I'll have to look in my bird books for what kind.  It was preening.  I went to get my camera, but it flew away before I got back.  Usually the crows in the neighborhood mob hawks and owls, but I haven't seen a murder of crows in our yard or in the trees in the neighbors' yard across the street for a while.

A few hours later: I looked in my bird books for a hawk with a small brown head with stripes by the eyes, brown wings, a white front with brown streaks, and long yellow legs.  It actually looked like the picture of the red-tailed hawk.  It was definitely bigger than a crow.

Mom and I picked up dinner at our favorite local Italian restaurant.  Mom wanted to save my gift card for her birthday dinner.

Later than that: I chatted a little with A.W.  I read about Deaf history and practiced sign language.
Tags: books, reading, shopping

  • Wednesday so far

    I went to bed at 1:00 a.m. and woke at 10:20 a.m. I read The Mechanical Chrysanthemums. A few hours later: Mom and I went to get spring water. We…

  • Monday so far

    I conked out around 1:00 a.m. and got up a little before 10:00 a.m. The Big Gay Fiction Giveaway is back.…

  • Sunday

    I conked out at 10:00 p.m. and woke at 10:00 a.m. I reread some more of the Whybourne and Griffin books. I texted with J., WhiteSheepCBD and A.…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded