neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,

Tuesday so far

I went to bed a little before 2:00 a.m., after reading half of the book I got an advance reader copy of.  I don't think it took me long to get to sleep.  I had set my alarm, but the power went out at 8:00 a.m. and Mom and Dad decided they might as well let me sleep.  I got up a little before 11:00 a.m.

The electric company had said 11:00 a.m. at first for the power to come back on, but when Dad called again, they said 4:00 p.m., that an underground cable was bad.  I did my usual morning things.  Mom and Dad dropped me off at the local library while they went to get dry ice for the refrigerator and freezers.  I brought various chargers, my laptop and my phone.  Fortunately, I had put the editing job on the laptop to edit it.

We went to the food court in the mall for lunch.

Dad finished reading Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell.  I want to finish up that editing job and reading the advance reader copy of that book, which I put on my Nook and Kindle.

Later: I worked on the editing job.  I saw A.C. at the library.  P. called me.  A.J. called and left a message.  I called YMCA-P. back, but got a message.  We called PECO (the electric company) again, and they said 7:00 p.m.  Dad and I went back to the house at 4:00 p.m., and there were three PECO trucks down the street.  Dad went to talk to the workers, and they said they were working on it.  The lower floor of the house had stayed relatively cool, considering.  We headed back to the library.

I reread the previous book in the series to the one I was editing.  It was consistent with the current job.

We went to a Wendy's for dinner, and then went home.  The electricity was back on by 7:00 p.m.

Later still: I turned in my editing job.  I spoke to A.J. and YMCA-P.  I got dollar books from Dreamspinner Press.
Tags: books, friends, reading

  • Wednesday so far

    I went to bed at 1:00 a.m. and woke at 10:20 a.m. I read The Mechanical Chrysanthemums. A few hours later: Mom and I went to get spring water. We…

  • Monday so far

    I conked out around 1:00 a.m. and got up a little before 10:00 a.m. The Big Gay Fiction Giveaway is back.…

  • Sunday

    I conked out at 10:00 p.m. and woke at 10:00 a.m. I reread some more of the Whybourne and Griffin books. I texted with J., WhiteSheepCBD and A.…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded