neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,

Thursday so far

I turned off the computer at around 11:00 p.m.  I read the textbook "African American English" by Lisa Green for a while.  I had a mug of chamomile tea and went to bed around 1:00 a.m.  I think I fell asleep pretty quickly.  I woke at 9:30 a.m. and decided to stay up.

We seem to have acquired a flock of starlings.  Dad said there was an adult feeding four juveniles.  I later saw an adult at the suet feeder that has the suet with sunflower seeds in it, feeding her young, who were perched on the branch above.  Then I saw several more adults.  There were some little birds at the bird feeder, including chickadees.  I saw a chipmunk underneath.  I saw a groundhog go by the container that holds the compost, by the shed.  I'm sure the groundhogs have dens under the shed.

I arranged with S.M. to go to lunch with her at 1:00 pm., and then help her with computer things.

Later: The road I take to S.M.'s house was closed because of construction.  I didn't know how to get around the construction.  I went to the restaurant and called her a couple of times from there.  She finally answered.  She had been having a long conversation with her sister P.M.  She met me at the restaurant.  We had lunch, and then I followed her on the alternate route to her house.  We did computer things.

When I got home, I took pictures of the roses and cut some.  'Mme. Plantier' is starting to bloom.  'Mme. Isaac Pereire' is blooming.  I cut a flower of that.  It's got a strong, pleasant raspberry rose scent.
Tags: flowers, friends, plants

  • Thursday

    I went to bed later than I should have, but I got some sleep.

  • Wednesday

    I should go to sleep fairly soon. Later: I got some sleep. I spent part of the day outside with my plants, weeding and putting fresh labels around…

  • Tuesday

    I started a new part-time job this morning. It went okay.

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded