neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,

Thursday so far

I got sleepy around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday night, but fought through it.  I went to bed at midnight.  I think it took me an hour to get to sleep.  I woke at 8:30 a.m., so that wasn't bad.  All my covers had come off, and I was cold.  I have a comforter and several afghans.  After breakfast, I lay down for a few minutes, but didn't go back to sleep.

I had Midnight Peony tea.  That's a black tea, so I hoped the caffeine would keep me up.

I sat under the sunlight-effect lamp and read a little of "Angel in a Red Vest."  I had apparently read the first few chapters before.  I read a bit more of "Crema."

Mom and I went out on errands.  We went to the grocery store.  They had Christmas-themed and other pies and cakes on sale cheaply.  I got a mince pie and an egg custard pie.  The mince pie said "kosher -- dairy," so I guess it doesn't actually have any mincemeat in it.

We went to Wal-Mart.  Mom needed a new watch battery, and got one there.  We had a can opener that went under the cabinet, a space saver one, but it got taken down when we got the new cabinets, and can't be put back up again without messing up the new cabinets.  So we got a free-standing can opener.  I had looked in Consumer Reports for electric can openers, and didn't find an article or ratings.  I found an article about manual can openers, but we have those.  So Mom had a productive trip getting things that are important in day-to-day life for us.

I read a bit of "Big Moon Rising" (Puppyverse) while we were waiting on lines.  I had read that before.  I like reading things I've already read when I'm on a line, because then I can put the e-reader down when it's my turn.

Although it was cold out, I felt good that we got out and got things done.  It's supposed to be cold tomorrow, too, I think.

I got some laundry done.

I'll probably read some in the evening.  I texted J. to tell him to keep us posted on how K.'s doing and give her our love, and he said he'd keep us posted.

Later: I didn't expect to go out again, but I went out to get dinner.  I thought it was good weather for soup, so I got wonton soup.  We got shrimp with lobster sauce and our usual egg foo young.  I think the restaurant folks would be surprised if we didn't order egg foo young as one of the dishes.  It's a favorite of Mom's.  I like their shrimp with Chinese vegetables and the sesame chicken.

My plan for the rest of the evening is to read.

I texted with J.-PA for a while in the evening.  I talked with A. for about forty minutes.  We'll talk again on Sunday or next Wednesday.  He said that it had been snowing just about every day for a week in Green Bay.
Tags: family, reading, shopping

  • Sunday

    I conked out at 10:00 p.m. and woke at 10:00 a.m. I reread some more of the Whybourne and Griffin books. I texted with J., WhiteSheepCBD and A.…

  • Sunday -- Mother's Day

    I woke a little before 9:00 a.m. I finished up my editing job. I gave Mom a Mother's Day card, and J. called to wish Mom a Happy Mother's…

  • Saturday

    I woke a little after 9:00 a.m. We will call later to wish J. a happy birthday. I have an editing job to work on today.

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded