neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,

Thursday so far

I got terribly sleepy around 8:00 p.m. last night, but forced myself to stay awake until 11:30 p.m.  I read a little of Second Hand by Heidi Cullinan and Marie Sexton, one of the books in the Tucker Springs series, and finished it today.  Paul was so deep in repression that he didn't even know he was gay or bi.  He'd experimented with a "neighbor boy" in high school, and remembered doing that, and then jumped into a relationship with a woman when he was in college.  El was well aware that he himself was gay.  It wasn't a "Gay for You" book, but I am dubious whether it's possible for someone who's only just starting to accept that he has same-sex attractions to go right into a committed relationship and be in a good state of mind about it.

It's kind of funny, because I will read "Gay for You" books when it's Jet Mykles writing them.  For other authors who aren't writing the books as a "Gay for You," I'll critique the books about the stages where the characters are psychologically as far as accepting their sexual orientations.  In real life, my belief is that someone needs to be out to themself and have some kind of support network to be able to have a healthy relationship.

Today I woke at 6:45 a.m.  I've gotten a lot of laundry done.  It's colder out than it was yesterday.  Yesterday it was cloudy and drizzling, and today it's clear.  I tried to program the VCR using a new remote, then using an old remote, and all the VCR would say was "SAFE."  Dad blamed the VCR, but it was working fine last week.  I should have programmed the remote I got, the way A. from Green Bay told me.  A. said that worrying about whether a remote control was working or not was a "First World problem."  He makes a living working with computers and fixing cell phones, so he's involved with making sure electronics are functioning right.

Slightly later: Dad determined that if you push the VCR button on the remote for six seconds, which he must have done, it goes into "safe" mode.  He got it out of safe mode.  I managed to do the programming I wanted to do.

Later: We took back the remote I'd gotten.  I hadn't opened the package.  While I was driving through the parking lots of the strip mall, a pedestrian gestured for me to go.  Dad, in the passenger seat, signaled the pedestrian to go.  I had to quickly put the brakes on, and told Dad to communicate with the driver when he was signaling pedestrians.  He said he was signaling like what he'd do if he were driving.  I told him again to communicate with the driver.

We went to Staples, and Dad recycled an ink cartridge.  I couldn't print a page in black and white when the tri-color ink cartridge was low.  A. would say this was also a "First World problem."  Fortunately, I had a new cartridge of tri-color ink.

I let Dad drive home.  I thought that would be safer for pedestrians.

Later still: I finished up an editing job.
Tags: m/m, rambling, reading

  • Wednesday so far

    I went to bed at 1:00 a.m. and woke at 10:20 a.m. I read The Mechanical Chrysanthemums. A few hours later: Mom and I went to get spring water. We…

  • Monday so far

    I conked out around 1:00 a.m. and got up a little before 10:00 a.m. The Big Gay Fiction Giveaway is back.…

  • Sunday

    I conked out at 10:00 p.m. and woke at 10:00 a.m. I reread some more of the Whybourne and Griffin books. I texted with J., WhiteSheepCBD and A.…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded