neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,

Wednesday so far

Last night: I got into fixing a name on my LJ for someone who doesn't like to be referred to only by first name, and that took me quite some time.  I was tired at 1:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m., but stayed awake until 3:00 a.m. to do it.  Then I couldn't get to sleep.  I think I finally fell asleep at 8:00 a.m.

Today: Dad asked me at 1:30 p.m. if I was going to get up.  I had a 2:00 p.m. appointment, which I made it to by 2:10.

I decided to go get "breakfast" after the appointment.  I went to the Indian grocery and got goat curry (which was delicious), chicken tikka masala, and garlic naan.  It was the first time I'd had the goat curry.  The pieces of goat were on the bone, so I'm not sure I'd get it again, but it was so good.

It's a very nice day today.  I went out to the mystery pink rose, which has a flower opening and a bud.

Later: I looked at my phone at 5:00 p.m. and saw that P. had called at 1:15 and 4:00.  I called her back.  She said that [borough] was having a Hallowe'en parade and that some of the streets would be blocked off.  I got to borough at 5:30 p.m., and several streets were already blocked off.  I ended up having to go several blocks down from where P. lives, and she had to walk.  I took a winding back road out of [borough] because I figured that wouldn't be blocked off, and I know how to double back to the highway from that road.  We made a few stops, but eventually got to Wilmington.

P. wanted to go to Popeye's, a fast food place.  She stopped to ask a man hanging out by a liquor store how to find it.  We followed his directions and ended up going the wrong way down a one-way street in a very rough-looking part of Wilmington.  We got out of there and eventually found the place.  It had bulletproof glass between the cashiers and the customers' side of the counter.  I was not reassured.

We went from there to P.'s mother's place.  Ms. F. seemed to be somewhat better from her cold.  It's always nice to see her, though I wish I didn't mostly only see her when she's sick.  I'd like to see her when she's feeling good, too.  Ms F. gave P. a bathrobe and a couple of long mirrors.  We took off between 8:30 and 9:00 p.m.The mirrors were just slightly shorter than the width of my car.    I dropped P. off and got home around 10:00 p.m.
Tags: flowers, friends, travel

  • Wednesday so far

    I went to bed at 1:00 a.m. and woke at 10:20 a.m. I read The Mechanical Chrysanthemums. A few hours later: Mom and I went to get spring water. We…

  • Monday so far

    I conked out around 1:00 a.m. and got up a little before 10:00 a.m. The Big Gay Fiction Giveaway is back.…

  • Sunday

    I conked out at 10:00 p.m. and woke at 10:00 a.m. I reread some more of the Whybourne and Griffin books. I texted with J., WhiteSheepCBD and A.…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded