neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,

Tuesday so far

I was tired by midnight or one last night.  I decided to try to go to sleep at two a.m., and lay there for quite a while.  Presumably I got eight hours of sleep.  I woke at eleven-thirty a.m., so my guess is that I fell asleep at around three-thirty a.m.

I went out, and saw a butterfly on the welcome mat right outside the back door, flapping its wings.  I took several pictures.  When I walked too close, it fluttered away, but it or one just like it came to rest in the yard near the back door, so I took some more pictures.  I looked at the pictures on the computer screen when I uploaded the pictures, and looked at my book about butterflies.  I think it was a red-spotted purple.  Its wings were mostly iridescent blue, and it had red spots on its front wings.

I deadheaded 'Marchioness of Londonderry' and 'Duchesse de Brabant'.  'Duchesse de Brabant' has a flower open.  I noticed that Dad had gotten a couple of pots of purple coneflower (Echinacea).  I cut the apple mint back from the path from the driveway to the front door.

I worked on an editing job.

A couple of hours later: I went out the back door again, and the butterfly -- I don't know if it was the same one, but it was the same species -- took off and fluttered away.  I waited for a minute, but it didn't come back.  I went out to the butterfly bush to see if there were any butterflies out there.  The butterfly bush is in an overgrown thicket of large shrubs and trees that I planted too close together.  When I approached the thicket, a couple of cardinals broke cover from it and flew into the nearby apple trees and the brush around them.

I didn't write it down the last time I went out to the butterfly bush, but the winterberry hollies next to it have branches full of berries.  Today I saw that a couple of the berries were changing from green to orange.  Most of the berries are still green, though.  They'll all be red by December.  It's a deciduous holly.

Later: I did more work on the editing job, and did some beta reading.

Still later: I watched "Asian F" and "Pot o' Gold."

I saw that S.M. had e-mailed me, so I called her.  She said the yearbooks were printed, and that they'd come out nicely.  She brought one over to P.G.  She said she'd drop mine off this week.  I said I could come over to pick it up, if she wanted.

I watched "Abby & Brittany" on TLC.
Tags: butterflies, flowers, garden, tv

  • Wednesday so far

    I reread more of Real World. I went to bed at 12:30 a.m., and I think I conked out pretty quickly. I woke at 7:45 a.m. for no apparent reason. I…

  • Sunday so far

    I avoided caffeine on Saturday. I went to bed a little after midnight and woke a little after 7:00 a.m. I got free books from e-mail promos and a…

  • Monday so far

    I went to bed a little before 2:00 a.m., after staying on the computer until midnight. I think I went to sleep fairly quickly. I think I slept rather…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded