neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,

Sunday -- Pride Fest

I went to the Philly Pride Fest. It was very hot out.

A few hours later: I wrote the above on my phone. Now that I'm back at a desktop, I'll expand on that.

I slept too late to make it to the parade, but decided that I'd still go to the Pride Fest. I drove to [Main Line town], and took the train to Market East. At Market East, I asked a cab driver if he could take me to Penn's Landing. He was very reluctant, but I said, "Within a few blocks of it." Another cab driver told the one I was talking to how he could go around the traffic mess caused by the parade.

I got my ride, and where I was dropped off I just needed to go down the block, cross the road, and go up a set of stairs to get to Penn's Landing. I tipped the taxi driver well.

There was quite a line to get in to the Pride Fest, but I had my bottle of water and put on a white baseball cap with a rainbow design so the sun wasn't beating directly on my head. I had put sunscreen on before I left.

The line moved quickly enough. I got in and wandered around. I didn't see any book vendors. There were a number of mainstream businesses offering their wares at various stalls. I got a frozen lemonade and a funnel cake. It was around the time that I was eating the funnel cake that I sort of relaxed and gave myself credit for getting from my home to Penn's Landing traveling on my own.

There were some stalls offering rainbow accessories. I got another pair of rainbow earrings and a silk rose in rainbow colors. I had worn a pair of bi pride earrings -- blue, purple, and pink -- but I think they're too subtle for anyone to notice.

I didn't spend a very long time there. I followed some people on their way out, and over the bridge. I saw cabs coming towards Penn's Landing, and buses, so I figured if I went down a couple of blocks I'd find a cab. I got to Chestnut and First(?) and decided to walk towards where the numbers were bigger. I got to Walnut Street and passed the City Tavern in my journeys. I passed a movie theater where they show independent movies, and got a cab down that block.

The cab driver went back across Chestnut to Market to get to Market East, so going on Walnut wouldn't have been terribly helpful. I figured I could get to Eleventh or Twelfth Street and cut across the "tree" streets until I found Pine or Spruce, and then go from there. I was hoping to get a cab well before that though, so I considered myself lucky.

I got to the train station just in time to get the train I wanted. The trains on that line run on the hour on Sundays. I got back to the house around six. I didn't get too sunburned, and I didn't get heatstroke, so I figured I'd done well. Having a bottle of water with me helped. I thought it had just been me thinking it was very hot, but apparently it got up to 94 degrees F, so it wasn't just me.

I've been there with a group, or with a couple of other people, and that's more fun, but I was glad I went.

After I got home, I went back out of the house just long enough to look at "Odee Pink", which has another flower in bud, and to go over to 'Maiden's Blush' and enjoy the fragrance of that.

So that was my taste of GLBT community for the year. Well, next time I get together with my secret love child, whenever that is, I'll have a sense of community.
Tags: flowers, glbt, travel

  • Sunday

    I conked out at 10:00 p.m. and woke at 10:00 a.m. I reread some more of the Whybourne and Griffin books. I texted with J., WhiteSheepCBD and A.…

  • Monday

    I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. rereading Charmed and Dangerous. I got up at 10:00 a.m. I watered the plants. Mom and I went grocery shopping. I have…

  • Sunday -- Mother's Day

    I woke a little before 9:00 a.m. I finished up my editing job. I gave Mom a Mother's Day card, and J. called to wish Mom a Happy Mother's…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded