neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,

Thursday day

After much packing and general chaos, we made it to Baltimore.  We made a rest stop in Pennsylvania and another at the Maryland House, so Mom could stretch her legs.  It was the first time she'd been in a car for more than half an hour at a time since her knee replacement.  We're supposed to meet J. and K. for dinner.  We're down here now because J. graduates tomorrow with his master's degree in social work.  The graduation is at 8:30 in the morning.  We'll see if I make it to that.  It was a tossup for a couple of days whether I'd be going to Baltimore or to the hospital, but my arm is much less swollen today and the infected patches of my skin are looking...different.  They still don't look good, but I've been putting lots of the antibiotic cream on.

I got a chance to look around the yard while Dad was packing.  The blue flag iris is blooming, and the sweet briar is starting to bloom, too.  I don't remember that as being the earliest to bloom.  I saw a lot of buds on 'Mme. Zoetmans', but no open flowers yet.  'Kronprinzessin Viktoria' has a flower, but the roses from the Antique Rose Emporium are ahead because they came from Texas.

Dad brought the laptop, but not the charger for it, so I may report later if the battery charge holds out.  I'm sure I'll have much to say about J.'s graduation if I make it there.

Later: We went to a Japanese steakhouse for dinner.  It was the first time I'd been to one, and it was quite a show.  Dad and I saw a rainbow on our way out.

I tried to get to sleep, failed, and took a bath in the collodial oatmeal.  It does seem to help.  I read a couple of e-books, and got the battery of the laptop to hold out long enough to download a couple of free books from Dreamspinner Press.  Thursday's was Mary Calmes' His Hearth, and Friday's, up after midnight, was Andrew Grey's Love Means... No Shame.  I had Grey's book in PDF, but wanted it in e-pub to read it on the e-reader.

I finally dozed off around four-something, just in time for Dad, and then Mom, to cut through the suite past the sofa bed on their way to the bathroom.  Perhaps I got about half an hour of sleep in.  More on that next entry.

Tags: family, flowers, medical, travel

  • Wednesday so far

    I went to bed at 1:00 a.m. and woke at 10:20 a.m. I read The Mechanical Chrysanthemums. A few hours later: Mom and I went to get spring water. We…

  • Monday so far

    I conked out around 1:00 a.m. and got up a little before 10:00 a.m. The Big Gay Fiction Giveaway is back.…

  • Sunday

    I conked out at 10:00 p.m. and woke at 10:00 a.m. I reread some more of the Whybourne and Griffin books. I texted with J., WhiteSheepCBD and A.…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded