neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,

Thursday real life

I woke at 10:00 a.m., strangely enough.  Mom called at noon to make sure I was awake, which was nice of her.  I went upstairs to watch yesterday's AWZ episode (see post below), then took my shower.  I paid my phone bill, and made it to a 2:00 p.m. appointment on time -- actually, a few minutes early.  I did another couple errands afterwards.

My leg was aching very badly, so I took a good painkiller when I got home.  I stopped to get the mail.  I'd received my handicapped parking placard, along with literature from my Representative, and a note that he'd sent it at my request.  I'm very grateful that I got the placard five weeks sooner than I would have if I'd just done it through PennDOT.  The next elections for the House of Representatives aren't for another two years now, and by then I will have probably forgotten about my gratitude, but I'll certainly appreciate for the next month how he expedited it.

Mom said it was raining when she got home.  I suppose I can predict the weather now by how badly my ankle aches when it's going to rain.  I went upstairs again to watch AWZ, and I couldn't get Dad's computer to work.  I called Dad, and he said he would help me when he got home.  I went to the computer now in the computer room, Dad's old one, and got it there, though the video was very slow and jerky.  At least I watched it.

I called around to some of the garden club members I'm friendly with.  D.S. said she had had a lot going on, including a good bit of dental surgery in the last couple weeks.  It didn't sound like that had been fun.  Her daughter is coming on Tuesday in preparation for Thanksgiving.  We talked about perhaps getting together the week after Thanksgiving.  Thore did a "Twenty Questions" with Theresa(?), the actress who plays Lydia, on VL Extra, and I'd like to know what he said.  They were talking some about him hunting, because I recognized the word "Jager."  I didn't get much of what they were saying, and it would be very nice to get a translation.  (Added: Mercurymay did a translation.  It's on Mercurymay01.  I was so happy to see it with subtitles.)

I'd called S.M. earlier in the day.  She called back, and we're going to get together for lunch tomorrow.  It gets me out of the house and gives me a few hours of talking with a friend, so I think it's good for me.  She makes very tasty salads.  I'll need to be patient with the computer lessons, but maybe I'll teach her YouTube.  Dad put the transport chair she'd lent me into the trunk of my car, and she can lift it out.  I got some good use out of it while I had it.

I called P.A. about helping her sort out the books she's donating to various places when she moves into a retirement village.  I told her that I couldn't do heavy lifting.  Of course, P.A. can't either.  She's in her eighties and uses a cane.  She said her back is very bad -- my guess is arthritis.  But, I said, I could still help her pack the books into boxes, and make lists of what books were in which box.  I can't get my own books in order, but I don't want to get rid of my own books.  I can get someone else's books in order.

P.A. said she had a complete set of Dickens that she'd like to give to a library or donate to a bookstore.  She said that she thinks of all the children who don't have things to read, and we talked about how sad it was that public libraries were closing for lack of funding.  Mom and I hate to see that happen.  P.A. doesn't want to just throw the books away.  She'd like them to be used and appreciated.  She said I gave her hope that she could at least get through that one project.

So, I did some things I needed to do, and made social plans.  I did a load of laundry, including my sheets.  I can do all my own laundry now, plus some of Mom's if she throws clothes to wash in my loads.  It's one more way I've gotten back a little independence, and taken a bit more of the burden I was off of Mom.

My lily, the one I put by my couch-bed, is blooming.  It has two flowers open.  I put saucers under all the plants I'd gotten at the produce place, and watered them.  I went into the dining room several times to smell the freesias.  I don't know how long the plants I got will last, but I appreciate all the flowers I have.  One geranium that was a last-minute rescue from outside is starting to bloom, and it's a red one.  Those are the most cheerful ones, for me.

Tags: books, flowers, rambling

  • Wednesday so far

    I went to bed at 1:00 a.m. and woke at 10:20 a.m. I read The Mechanical Chrysanthemums. A few hours later: Mom and I went to get spring water. We…

  • Monday so far

    I conked out around 1:00 a.m. and got up a little before 10:00 a.m. The Big Gay Fiction Giveaway is back.…

  • Sunday

    I conked out at 10:00 p.m. and woke at 10:00 a.m. I reread some more of the Whybourne and Griffin books. I texted with J., WhiteSheepCBD and A.…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded