neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,
neyronrose
neyronrose

Thursday

I went to bed later than I should have, but I got some sleep.

Later: I didn't go out shopping or anything like that today because it was raining hard in the morning and the early afternoon.  A couple of thunderstorms passed through, and the lights flickered.  Fortunately, we didn't lose power.

I got paperwork stuff done in the morning, and communicated with various people I needed to communicate with during the day.

After it had stopped raining in the afternoon, and was just very damp, I put on my aqua shoes and a good part of a can of Off, and went out to the yard to look at my plants.  I did some weeding, and a few rounds of getting faded labels and rewriting them as needed.  The process is collect-wash-dry-rewrite-replace.  Or if I write something different, place the label in the new spot.

The recently repaired gutters are working well.  Where even a couple of months previously, a heavy downpour of rain would have created a little stream and some puddles in the back yard, there wasn't a stream, or the mucky puddles.  The rain drained off the way it's supposed to.  Some of my plants appreciate getting a lot of rain more than others do, but most are hanging in there.  The oxalis corms without leaves that I potted up are starting to sprout leaves.

I want to dig up the begonias soon, and I'm debating whether I want to try to dig up the lemon verbena or the Rober's Lemon Rose scented geranium that I planted by the back door.  I have another lemon verbena that's still in a pot.

The irises I got around the end of July are pretty much settling in.  They lost some of the leaves they had had when they traveled here, but they're growing new leaves.  I haven't yet seen signs of the saffron crocus coming up.  I discovered while putting out a rewritten label that the 'Stars and Stripes' crinum in a pot had produced five offsets.  It didn't bloom, but it reproduced itself.  I need to plant the bulbils (bulblets?) that I took off the stem of the Orienpet lily and the stems of the tiger lilies that were in their hardware cloth cage by the biggest magnolia.  The current biggest is Magnolia x soulangeana.  I'm not sure if I got a Magnolia grandiflora that will try to reach its full height, or if I got a variety that doesn't get that tall.  It's still only a couple of feet tall now, so I think I've got a while yet before I need to worry about it.
Subscribe

Recent Posts from This Journal

  • Friday

    I've stayed up too late again. This time I was writing reviews of the graphic novels I've been reading, or rereading, in the case of Hawkeye…

  • Thursday

    I'll see if the L.s are coming over today to take a look at the garden plants.

  • Wednesday

    I stayed up late, and then got up early. Mom and I went out and about early, then out again to the library and to the mall.

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 0 comments