Later: I stayed up too late on the computer, but once I went to bed I think I slept pretty well. I got up at 9:30 a.m. for no apparent reason. In the early afternoon I went out to work on my spring-flowering bulbs. I dug up some of a clump of what I think are "Butter and Eggs" daffodils and divided them. I dug up the 'Erlicheer' daffodils that I'd planted on the hill on the east side of the house, on the other side of the driveway that slopes steeply down to the street, and put the "Butter and Eggs" daffodils there. I dug up some 'King Alfred'-type daffodils from back by where several Rose-of-Sharon plants are volunteering, nearer to the blue shed than any other bunch of daffodils. I think they're a 'King Alfred' type. They may just be more 'Ice Follies' daffodils, which we have everywhere. I planted the 'King Alfred' sorts on the hill, too. I like the yellow trumpet kind of daffodils a lot. We've still got six kinds of crocuses blooming, though as I slid along the side of the hill I sat on and/or stepped on a couple of them.
Retrospectively: I'd ended up digging up two out of three clumps of 'Erlicheer' that had started out as being three bulbs. I missed clump number three, which bloomed with three flower stalks. There must be more than three daffodils still in clump number three.
I dug up some rhizomes of what I think are the 'Crimson King' irises, and planted a couple of them, one near the front porch by the 'Mme. Isaac Pereire' rose and one not far from where I transplanted the probably-'Matinata' purple irises to in the fall, closer to the green shed. After the snow finally melted, I took off the dead branches of scented geraniums and anise hyssop that I'd laid on top of them for protection against disturbance. They survived the winter and look good.