neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,


It was kind of a hurry-up-and-wait day as far as getting things done.

A repairman came to look at our heat pump, and then called in another repairman.  All the wires were burned out, they said.  They went to see if they had the kit and parts for that repair.  They left one truck in the driveway, so Mom and I couldn't go to Walmart then.

When they got back, they moved the truck, and Mom and I went to Walmart.  I hadn't been there in some time, and had a long, long list.  I found most of what I wanted, so that was good.  Mom found several things she wanted.  She had had a headache beforehand, and it got worse while she was there.

I worked out in the yard for a short time, and then had a quick lunch.  The crocus on the hill are getting into doing their thing, now that the snow has melted.  Several pink tommy crocuses were blooming, at least three 'Cream Beauty' crocuses, and a couple of clumps of 'Mammoth Yellow' crocuses.  The snow had finally melted in the vegetable garden, where several of my irises had ended up.  They and the strawberry plant in a pot were still alive.

Once I got inside, I had lunch and the parental units finished up their lunches, and we all tried to get out of S.D.'s way.  I went up to my room.  I ended up lying down and reading, and then dozing off.  I thought it was the next morning when I woke up, but it was a couple of hours later in the afternoon on Friday.

I did some more work outside before it got dark, the better part of which was figuring out where bulbs were and putting labels in the appropriate places by them.  I found that most of the irises in the former rose garden, now taken over by sweetshrub, ivy and other vines, and mistflower, were still alive.  I found more of the tips of leaves of the 'Butter and Eggs' daffodils coming up.  Unfortunately, I found one daffodil by stepping on the leaf tips just coming up, but it will survive that.

I found more hyacinths here and there -- in front of the front porch, to the right as one approaches the house, and in the "herb garden."  Also, the snow had melted enough so I could get out to the far part of the back yard and see my collection of trees and shrubs that I had planted too close together years ago.  The winter honeysuckle had flowers, but mostly on branches that were way high up.  I had brought my pruning shears out, hoping to snip a couple of twigs with flowers on them.  I ended up cutting and pulling down quite a lot of wild grape vine, which brought some of the branches of the winter honeysuckle to more reasonable places instead of all being tied up high by the grapevines.  I cut a couple of winter honeysuckle twigs with buds on them.

The repairmen finished up right before dark.

Later in the evening, I worked on a line editing job, and got a good way into it.

  • Tuesday

    We have an appointment with the podiatrist, Dr. B., this afternoon.

  • Monday

    I should get to bed soon. I have various chores and errands to do tomorrow -- Monday during the day.

  • Sunday

    I should go to bed soon. I experimented with cooking quince. I got several tender plants ready to be moved inside.

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded