We had decent weather today for the first time in some time. I worked on planting plants in the early afternoon, but ran out of potting soil. Some of the plants just went in to live with other plants as a result. I planted some of the "bonus" plants from my Direct Gardening order. I stuck the 'Stella d'Oro' daylily in with a couple of irises. That replaced the hyacinth that was there and had gone dormant. I stuck the hyacinth bulb in a pot with a different iris. I put a couple of the "Sparkle" strawberries in with yet another pot of irises. I put the third "Sparkle" strawberry in with the lemon thyme. Those had gotten very dried out. Also, the mock oranges and the two other hardy carnations I still needed to plant had gotten very dried out. I stuck them in pots. I'll see if they'll come back, or if they got too dried out.
The heliotropes from the Herb Sale, which are still in their original little pots, had gotten very dried out there on the porch. I watered them, and at least one is trying to bounce back. I brought them and the basil in when I heard it might get into the forties tonight.
The last two scented geraniums I needed to plant in bigger pots were not so dried out as the heliotropes were. I planted them before I ran out of potting soil. I planted the last 'Orange Glory' butterfly plant in with the pineapple sage for the moment. It may or may not stay there. That was also very dried out, so we'll see what happens.
The county library system is arranging it so that if one puts a hold on a book, you'll be able to get it through curbside pickup. I'm not sure how long they've been taking returns via the bookdrops. Mom and I went to the library, to the bookdrop, and returned those of my books that had holds on them, and most of the books Mom had out when the library closed down because of the pandemic. We picked up dinner on the way home.
I took in old T-shaped labels that the writing had worn off of, and wrote labels for some of the things I planted today, and put the labels back out in the appropriate places.