neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,


I should go to sleep very soon.

Later: I don't know why I've been waking up at 5:15 a.m. every morning.  I wish I knew why so I could stop doing it.

I had a quiet day.  It was pretty cold and windy.  I didn't want to go out shopping.  In the afternoon I went outside and looked at my outdoor plants.  It was late enough that the crocuses on the east side of the house had closed.  There are some purple ones in the grass near the echinacea.  I'll have to remember that they're there.  On the hillside, the tommy crocuses, the pink tommy crocuses, 'Cream Beauty,' 'Mammoth Yellow' and 'Vanguard' continue to bloom.  There are lots of daffodil leaves up.

In the big pot outside the back door, the leaves of the 'Rose of May' daffodils have grown taller.  I guess that adapted well enough to being transplanted from the former vegetable garden.  At least I replanted them the same day.  Also that same day, I replanted the tulips that I dug up from the former vegetable garden and former rose garden in a smaller pot that I put near the front of the house, in the triangle between the path to the house and the driveway.  There was a lot of apple mint there, but Dad pulled it up a week or so ago.  The tulips don't seem to have been eaten any more than they had been when I dug them up, but they do have an upside-down crate with a piece of hardware cloth over it all on top of them now.  I need to replant the daylily tubers I dug up.

I picked the first flower of 'Tete-a-Tete,' a miniature daffodil, in the crocus garden.  It opened inside.  I wandered around the yard for early-blooming fragrant flowers.  I cut a small twig of winter honeysuckle with a flower open and a little section of a mahonia flower spike with open blossoms so I could enjoy their scents inside.  Both smell lovely.

I sent another editor my "cheat sheets" with character names, characters' roles, settings and actions for a series that she's going to do.

I did laundry during the day, so that was productive.  I kept ending up falling asleep, which wasn't so good.  Hopefully I'll be able to stay awake more tomorrow.  When I wake up at what feels like 5:15 a.m., it will technically be 6:15 a.m.  As if my sleep schedule wasn't already thoroughly messed up.  I suppose I'll eventually get used to it.

  • Sunday

    I finished a line editing job that went relatively fast. Mom wants me to come to church later this morning to celebrate her birthday. I'll see…

  • Saturday

    Backdating by a couple of hours... I went outside briefly to put rewritten labels by my plants. It wasn't super-hot out, but it was so humid…

  • Friday

    I conked out at the usual time last night and woke at 6:30 a.m. for no apparent reason. I watched the first episode of "What If...?" That…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded