neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,


I went to bed before 1:00 a.m., I think.  I got up briefly around 7:00 a.m., and then went back to sleep.  I remember J. bidding me goodbye and that I replied.  I got up for the day at 11:00 a.m.

Mom and I went to the Amish Market.  We got lots of good stuff.  It was nearly 70 degrees out.  I was a little cold on the way there because my hair was damp, but quite comfortable on the way back.

After we got home, I walked around in the yard.  The deer are eating the new growth on the winter honeysuckle.  That's frustrating to me.  I broke dead branches off the winter honeysuckle.  I tried to avoid looking at the roses, so I wouldn't see if they were eating last year's wood off the Old Garden Roses.  I had layered a hoodie with a medium-weight jacket.  I wore a warm hat and a scarf.  I used my new kneeling pads for gardening, and didn't get as dirty as I might have otherwise.

I put fencing up by the purple irises in the "crocus garden."  Those irises were closer to the driveway than they were to soil deep enough to put the fence into.  I think I need to move the irises.  I cut the dead leaves off the purple irises and the orris (Florentine iris) with gardening scissors.  I took out the weeds in that garden.  Lots of 'Tete-a-Tete' daffodils have leaves coming up.  I put an old piece of fence by where I run them over when I turn around in the driveway.  Perhaps I'll hit the fence before I hit the daffodils.

I cut the dead leaves off the irises in the raised bed, as well, and weeded.  I need to fertilize all the irises, too.  I cut down the stalks of anise hyssop, and scattered the seed from the seed heads in the raised bed.  I put a piece of fence by the side of the driveway that slopes sharply downhill.  Perhaps that way Mom won't run over my tommie crocuses.  I didn't actually see crocuses coming up there yet.  I saw some daffodil leaves coming up a little farther downhill.

There are also 'Ice Follies' daffodil leaves coming up in the "herb" garden and on the side of the hill behind the house.  There are also lots of snowdrops on that little hill, and between trees at the summit.  I looked at the mahonia, which had little purple buds.  The sweet bay magnolia has a fence around it, so the deer haven't girdled it in a while.  That's doing pretty well.

  • Wednesday so far

    I went to bed at 1:00 a.m. and woke at 10:20 a.m. I read The Mechanical Chrysanthemums. A few hours later: Mom and I went to get spring water. We…

  • Monday so far

    I conked out around 1:00 a.m. and got up a little before 10:00 a.m. The Big Gay Fiction Giveaway is back.…

  • Sunday

    I conked out at 10:00 p.m. and woke at 10:00 a.m. I reread some more of the Whybourne and Griffin books. I texted with J., WhiteSheepCBD and A.…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded