neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,


I went to bed around 11:30 p.m.  I got up briefly at 4:30 a.m., but went back to bed quickly.  I had left my window open for the night.  By that time in the morning, the birds were starting to sing, so I didn't fall back into a deep sleep, just rested.  I got up for the day a little after 8:00 a.m.

Apparently I actually do have the day off today, the first day off I have had in June.  It's a small miracle.

Later: Mom and Dad and I ended up going to the Turkey Hill Experience.  It was farther west than I expected, apparently just on the Lancaster side of the line between Lancaster and York counties.  Dad just did the "Experience" part.  That was free for him since he's a veteran.  Mom and I did the "Taste Lab," too, where you create your own kind of ice cream.  He met us when we came out of the lab.

We ended up going home in rush hour, because we started out later than I expected.  We picked up dinner at Isaac's.  I am tired, but I enjoyed doing the activity with Mom where we both made our own flavor of ice cream.  She started out with a few drops of the concentrated coconut flavoring, then added the "inclusions" of dried coconut flakes and almonds.  Then she put in butterscotch sauce as her "swirl."  Apparently she liked her results.  I put in chocolate flavoring, then mini chocolate chips and pecans, then fudge sauce.  I liked it well enough, although I had squirted in a bit too much fudge, and that overpowered the rest of it to an extent.  The pecans were good, though.

I talked a bit with J. on the trip home.  A.J. called me in the evening, and I caught her up on my life for the past couple of months, or at least the highlights.  It was nice to hear from her.  I texted with HHA-B. She said things had gone well with B. and R.  I was glad to hear that.  B. told HHA-B. that I'd forgotten to put a clean dish out for Toby the cat's Friskies breakfast as soon as she got to their place.  I knew I'd hear from B. and/or R. about that.  I said so in an e-mail I wrote to HHA-B. in the morning.  Also, she said that B. had refused to let her do laundry, and insisted that it could wait for me.  B. really didn't want to scare HHA-B. off.  So I'll see B. and R. tomorrow.  B. will probably tell me that HHA-B. is his new favorite home health aide, but he did unofficially adopt me a few weeks ago, so I know he still likes me.

  • Wednesday

    I should go to sleep fairly soon.

  • Tuesday

    I started a new part-time job this morning. It went okay.

  • Monday

    I have various errands to do today. I got some sleep. Later: Mom made a grocery store run in the morning. I didn't end up going with her on that…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded