neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,

Saturday so far

I went to bed at 11:00 p.m.  My eyes were tired.  I slept through 'til about 9:00 a.m.

I got to the L.s' house at about 20 after 11.  I wasn't moving that fast.  We probably got to Longwood Gardens around noon.  Mom had said, "It will be packed."  We ended up parking on the grass not far inside the entrance.  There were employees directing traffic to park in lines.  Mrs. L. said she'd be able to find the car again.  I tried to keep in mind approximately where it was.

They had daffodils and hyacinths in the raised beds outside the Visitors' Center.  The hyacinths smelled really nice.  They had many flowering trees blooming.

We went along the Flower Garden Walk.  A few of the patches of tulips were blooming, but it was too early for some.  The daffodils and hyacinths were blooming.  We went through the woods.  The rue anenome was blooming.  That has little white flowers.  The fountains of the Italian Water Garden weren't on yet.  I expect they will be in a couple of weeks.  We went back the way we came, and then up to the Peirce-duPont house.  I took a quick look inside there.  There were a couple of clivias blooming, but I didn't see much else going on.  We went to the restaurant.  The line for that stretched out across the bridge that goes to the conservatories.  We squeezed our way across the bridge the other way.  Mrs. L. had brought granola bars, so we had those.  We went down to the Idea Garden, then farther down.  I still don't know what they were thinking putting the bee garden next to the children's garden, but we went around that area anyway.

Not much was going on yet in the vegetable garden.  Some things were starting to come up in the herb garden.  There was a lost family there.  I showed them my map so they could figure out how to get back to the Visitors' Center.  There were some beds of tulips where it used to be just beds of demonstration types of grass.  There were still some tufts of grass.  Some of the early tulips were blooming, but it was too early for the majority of the tulips there.  The pulmonaria was blooming in the perennial garden.

We went down past all the new Main Fountain Garden stuff.  I looked at where the magnolias were blooming, and then we went up the hillside garden.  We called it a day.  We went south, and went to Wendy's.  That was the first time I'd gone south without getting hideously lost, though I was quite familiar with the shopping center just down the road from going to that shopping center directly from Route 1.

After I dropped the L.s off, I looked around the yard at home.  The mahonia is blooming, and there's still some bloom on the winter honeysuckle.  The new crocuses are blooming.  I sprayed the daylily, lily, crocus and tulip leaves with Deer-Off.

  • Thursday

    I went to bed relatively early, and woke quite early, too. I have a virtual appoimtment in the early afternoon. Later: I went out to plant the rest…

  • Wednesday

    I got some sleep, and then woke early. I have a live appointment and a virtual one.

  • Tuesday

    I went to bed relatively early. I woke up very early. I have an appointment in the afternoon. Later: I took a nap after breakfast, and then got…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded