neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,

Tuesday so far

I went to bed at 11:00 p.m.  I got up for the day a little before 9:00 a.m.

Mom and Dad and I went to the local library.

They had gone to Walmart in the early morning.  After the library, we went to Publix, and then back to the motel.  I listened to the latest of Jeff and Will's Big Gay Fiction podcasts.  I went out to the pool for a little bit, then we washed up and went out.  First we went to the dollar store, and then to CiCi's, a buffet place with pizza and other Italian food.  I had a good dinner, after having a light breakfast and a light lunch.

While we were at the pool, I spoke with P. for a little while.  I told her that the other day at the pool, I had seen a young woman who had worn an orange bikini that looked very good with her skin tone.  It reminded me of how P. said her family had done some gospel choir singing in years past, and P. was looking for a lime green women's suit for an occasion.  I had said that I couldn't wear lime green or orange or purple.  The young woman I had seen had a skin color close to YMCA-P.'s, I think.

I texted with T.J. about a video chat, but we got back to the motel near to 8:00 p.m., and then Mom wanted me to show her how to change the batteries in her hearing aid.  As I was showing her, she said she couldn't see what I was doing and wouldn't be able to do it herself anyway.  Dad watched my demonstration, and he got it.  Earlier, we had discussed the rechargeable hearing aid batteries that the doctor I spoke to had said didn't work well, and using regular batteries, as hard of hearing people have done for many years.  Mom got loud about how she wouldn't be able to stand changing batteries every few days.  It just wasn't something she could deal with.  I wondered why that was her sticking point.  Yes, she has plenty of things she sometimes talks about learning, and then decides it's too much for her to deal with, or simply tells me something too much for her to deal with.  I'm not sure where her breaking point is, but usually if she's said something in the morning, by afternoon or evening she can't deal with it, and I'm upsetting her by mentioning it.

By the time I got to my room, it was 8:00 p.m.  I texted to T.J. that I was back, but didn't hear from her.  I caught up on other computer things.
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded