neyronrose (neyronrose) wrote,


I was getting tired by 11:30 p.m. or so, but ended up staying up until 2:30 a.m.  I didn't sleep too well, and got up around 8:00 a.m.  Dad had asked me at 7:30 or so if I wanted go on the bird-watching walk in the park.  I wasn't ready to get up at that point.  I later learned that temperatures were near freezing then, so I wouldn't have been too happy.

Mom and I went out in the morning to [semi-local town] where they have a nice grocery store.  It was a productive trip.  On the way back, we stopped at the post office and then the grocery store near us.  I got "Snowy Day" stamps and Harvey Milk stamps.  After lunch, we went out again to the shop at an orchard.  Mom got apples.  I got mince pie.  I haven't seen mince pie anywhere else.  We went back in a big circle.  We stopped at the dollar store to get holiday cards and birthday cards for Dad. A little way after that, we stopped at a little grocery store.  That one was busy.  It was a productive trip.  I am tired now, though.

Later: I ate some of the fruit I'd gotten on our journeys.  I didn't actually get any fruit at the orchard.  In the various grocery stores, I got mangos, prickly pear cactus fruit (sabra) and persimmons.

J. who was doing the ESL program has dropped out for now because of health issues.  It really sounded like she had the cough that never ends.  M.S., the program director, is arranging for me to meet with a young sister and brother who want to learn to read and write English better.

Later than that: I did some e-mails.  I started on holiday cards.  I brought down a container of stamps of various denominations and tried to figure out how to get them up to the current 49 cent rate.

I did laundry.

Retrospectively: I conked out at like 10:30 p.m.  Switched from chair to bed, out like a light.  It was a busy day.

  • Wednesday so far

    I went to bed at 1:00 a.m. and woke at 10:20 a.m. I read The Mechanical Chrysanthemums. A few hours later: Mom and I went to get spring water. We…

  • Monday so far

    I conked out around 1:00 a.m. and got up a little before 10:00 a.m. The Big Gay Fiction Giveaway is back.…

  • Sunday

    I conked out at 10:00 p.m. and woke at 10:00 a.m. I reread some more of the Whybourne and Griffin books. I texted with J., WhiteSheepCBD and A.…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded